Saturday, December 19, 2015

Support #KnowYourRights Campaign

Whenever I open the newspapers, my heart pains when I read the headlines "Save the girl child, "I don't deserved to be raped", "Is it a sin to be born as a girl...." These news articles make me cry for the girls who have gone through these crimes and make me more concerned about the females in my own family. Since I myself have met many people who have been through sexual violence and have been quite about it, I feel I have somehow failed in convincing them to report these cases and raise their voice against the crime. Here I hope my post helps those who remain silence to come forward and express their views with others.

The first reason I would state here is "The one who has sinned has to suffer...Not you"

It's an irony when some men worship goddesses and then go ahead and commit such shameless and sinful acts against other women. Women keep quite and feel miserable about their state but it shouldn't be the case where the woman needs to be quiet and hide. She needs to teach such sinners a lesson by reporting them and standing against such crimes. The criminals are the ones who need to suffer and get severe punishment.

There is no need for the person who has been a victim to remain silent but she needs to face the situation and make the criminal hide his face and feel the pain he has given the women. Earlier, rapes weren't considered as severe as other crimes like murder but there needs to be a law which makes it as harmful as a murder as rapes kill the soul of the women leaving her with a mark in her soul. It kills the soul of a woman and hence 7 years punishment is not enough for the criminal. This law can only be changed if these cases are reported and hence it is necessary to make an FIR and punish the criminal for his sinful act.

The second reason I would state here is "Live your life normally"

When such incidents of sexual violence take place, the victim is harmed a lot and she needs to undergo medical treatment and counselling to help her physically and mentally. When the incident is reported, it then becomes the responsibility of the Government to provide medical aid to the victim and make her come out of the trauma so that she can start a new life.


The third reason I would state here is "You are not wrong"

The society often makes it the victim's mistake when such crimes are reported but the KnowYourRights campaign has proved that the girl has a complete right to speak against the criminal and people who consider the girl wrong and not the criminal. The girl should not blame herself at al whether it's her dressing or her behavior as these incidents aren't provoking but it is ONLY the crime committed by the criminal. Reporting these incidents will help the girl to tell herself that she has a right to speak up and point a finger at those who point fingers on her. The society has to change its POV.

 


I’m writing this blog post to support Amnesty International’s#KnowYourRights campaign at BlogAdda. You can also contribute to the cause by donating or spreading the word.

No comments:

Post a Comment