Tuesday, October 27, 2015

My Bundle of Joy (Taking care of a premature baby) #SoftestForBabySkin

I still remember the day when I became a dad and I took my baby in my arms. My baby yawned and his skin was red and very soft. The second time, it was more tough for me as my baby was premature and the skin was very sensitive and the doctor as well advised us to take utmost care of the skin of the baby as it can get affected and tear if not taken care of.

We then purchased the best lotion, oil, mattress, blankets, socks and towels for the baby and also chose the best diapers (Pampers) for our baby. The following were the steps taken by me and my spouse while our baby was just a month old.

Washing the clothes:

We used to make sure the clothes used for the baby, including his socks, towels, blankets, bedsheets and pillows were washed with dettol and they smelt fresh and clean before using it for the baby. This way our kid used to always feel clean and fresh and this used to make him remain cheerful all day and his skin too did not feel any harshness due to the fabric.

Oiling:

We made sure that we employ a nanny for the baby who was good in oiling kids who are just a month old and the nanny did her job very well. We used Johnson's baby oil which not only had a beautiful fragrance but it kept the skin of the baby soft making it look healthy and the bones become strong.

Diapers:

We bought Pampers for the baby which was soft and firm on the baby's waist and we were happy to note that the diaper did not leave any marks around the waist of the baby and the inner surface was smooth. Hence, when the baby used to wet the diaper, it used to remain dry and my spouse used to change it after every 4-5 hours to make our kid feel clean and the skin as well remain soft.

Lotion:

We applied Johnson's baby lotion as it was the most trusted brand for us. We used to apply the lotion before the kid goes to sleep so that the lotion makes the baby's skin soft and while being asleep, it can work well unlike during the day when the baby is awake and playful.

Bathing:

While bathing the baby, the water used was very soft and warm so that the baby's body remains clean and the soap used was of the Johnson's brand as the lather doesn't harm the eyes and the skin too doesn't tear and remains soft. It was very good for the sensitive skin of my kid.


Pampers brings you the softest ever Pampers Premium Care Pants. Its cotton-like softness is #SoftestForBabySkin and allows it to breathe, thus keeping baby’s skin soft and healthy, and your baby happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment