Wednesday, March 16, 2016

School days were the best day #KhulKeKheloHoli





Over 30 years have passed for this incident but still it is in my memory as it was one of the first ever Holi I celebrated in school. We were in tenth and it was our last year in the school. I and my friends had planned a surprise for the other classmates and we bought many colors and filled them in packets, fountain gun, and few balloons filled with colored water. I was so excited but scared too as we did not want the teachers nor the principle to watch us else we could get a warning.



We hid behind the gate and waited for the boys to leave the school and when they all came out, we began sprinkling water on them with the help of the fountain gun and they all started running away from us and we kept running behind them till the end of the lane and they kept screaming so much. It was really a joyful and exciting moment as we kept chasing our friends around the well and we finally reached the garden and then the real moment started where our other friends brought a huge drum filled with colored water and we tried to throw each friend into the water. We were completely full of colors and drenched in water that we couldn't even recognize who was who. I was too pushed into a drum by four friends of mine who caught my hands and legs and threw me into the pool of water. I dragged my other 2 friends too and we kept splashing water on each other. The gardener scolded us for playing Holi in the garden but we dint listen and kept playing for hours till it became 1:00 p.m.


When we finished playing Holi, we enjoyed eating hot jalebis and drinking lassi in the garden where there was a stall and then my friend clicked our pictures where we posed and made faces. The pictures came out really well and I have still stored them in my albums. I show them to my kids and they keep asking me that they haven't ever celebrated Holi like I had celebrated. Those days were really memorable and it was more of a fun festival rather where it was only full on masti and leg pulling. Nowadays, I rarely get to see people having so much fun like those days and people are conscious with regards to their skin as well. I believe that Holi is 1 day which we should enjoy the most and hence I wish this Holi is celebrated the same way like I celebrated it in my school.

I’m pledging to #KhulKeKheloHoli this year by sharing my Holi memories atBlogAdda in association with Parachute Advansed.

No comments:

Post a Comment