Thursday, April 7, 2016

McCain Chilli Garlic Potato Bites

I bought this product "McCain Chilli Garlic Potato Bites" from a nearby grocery store recently as my friend had recommended me to buy it claiming that it has a wonderful taste and it can be cooked within few minutes. I then bought it even though it was pretty expensive compared to other ready-to-cook food products I purchase regularly. I tried cooking it the same day and while cooking it, I noticed that it soaked all the oil I had added while cooking. I felt it might not be healthy enough to be consumed by the kids and hence decided to eat it by myself. I tasted it with chilly sauce and it's taste was really good. It was a bit spicy as it contains chillies and as I kept eating it, I noticed that my stomach started aching a bit and the oil content made the food undigestable for me. I couldn't even complete eating the bites and had to keep the remaining bites in the fridge. I had already given up on other ready-to-eat meals but I thought McCain might offer me a better product. I used to watch their ads and the bites too looked perfect as a meal but with regards to the oil it soaks, it makes this food absolutly unhealthy to consume and it's not good for kids at all. I hope McCain can make some changes in the food products they sell and make it healthy for kids to consume.



No comments:

Post a Comment