Sunday, September 4, 2016

WOW Entry: A conversation with nature

What if our nature can't communicate with us? Does it mean it doesn't have a voice or it tries to tell us and communicate with us but it's just we who cannot understand it?

Let me share a imaginery conversation with you all and give out my opinion about what our nature thinks about humans:

Me: Hello nature.

Nature: Hello dear.

Me: I am contacting you as I am really heartbroken with the recent incidents that have been happening. Floods in Uttarakhand, earthquakes in Nepal and hurricane in Florida are just few of them and these natural calamaties have taken so many human lives that I feel that you are angry with humans.
Nature: No dear. I  can never be angry with any human being. You'll are a part of my creation and how can I cause harm to you.

Me: Then why nature? Why did you take so many lives? You have given us all birth and our end shouldn't be so cruel.

Nature: I know there have been so many tragedies in the past few years but these haven't happened as I was angry. It happened because I couldn't control them. I was suffering all these years and recently, I was too weak to even bear the pain.

Me: Pain? What pain, nature? Did we give you any pain that made you suffer so much? I know that we have not being taking proper care of you but we too love you nature. You have kept me alive, you have kept all of us alive. Why would we mistreat you? Please don't harm us. We are trying our best in making you have the same glow as before and have many Greenery campaigns too.

Nature: I know, dear. I can see your efforts and even acknowledge the same. However, it's not always as you have been taking care but at the same time causing harm to my creations too.

Me: Harm to your creations? How?

Nature: My creations such as food, air and water but as time is passing me, I am finding it very hard to provide these resources. When I see chemicals being added in my plants, vegetables and fruits, it kills my children as they are poisoness. I have lost millions of my children in these years and as a mother, I can't see them die. Humans are too my children and how can I choose between one child and the other and how can I keep producing healthy food for you all? When I see factories releasing harmful gases in the air, my lungs get poluted and I can't see humans inhaling such polluted air and dying. My water sources also are no longer pure and considered the only source of drinking as today people keep throwing their waste matter in the water which has made it hamrful for drinking. You only tell me how can I continue this way?


Me: I know that we have been very cruel towards you and you're absolutely right in that. But we are still trying our best by improving crop production, harvesting water, purifying the air and trying to protect our environment. We love you nature and we are trying sincerely as we know the result. But however, we can't rectify the past mistakes.

Nature: But you can desfinitely prevent the new mistakes, right?

Me: How nature? What new mistakes are you talking about?

Nature: I am talking about the celebrations that are going to start from tomorrow. Ganesh Chaturthi celebrations. I can see that every year idols are immersed within my rivers and the rivers are getting polluted due to this. The color that's thrown into the air too causes pollution and even my fish are other sea creatures are dying. I don't say that you'll should stop celebrating, but just to take care that I and my creations aren't harmed.

Me: I am sorry to hear that, nature. We are making sure to use Eco-friendly idols this time and not pollute the waters.

Nature: But the major problem is that humans are not united. I can see only a handful of humans trying to save me but what about others? If the others harm my creations, the consequences too are unavoidable. I can't see myself being killed each second and I can't even see you'll suffering by your own actions.

Me: I can understand the same, nature. Unity lacks between humans and I promise that I'll try my best to make people aware of what harms are we causing you as we can understand your pain. You too love us all and I am sorry for being rude to you.

Nature: You don't need to be sorry, dear. It was a fact that I used to keep reminding my children all the time but since I had no voice, my children couldn't hear me. I hope that in the years to come, we all live happily and have a healthy life.


This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda.

No comments:

Post a Comment