Monday, June 8, 2015

My Nose Knows Post

It was the occasion of our college fest and we all friends arrived for the party quite early so that we don't miss a single moment of the party and have a fun time together. The party was only for boys and we had a gala time thinking how we could make it the best party and enjoy it to the fullest. The DJ started playing songs and we were the first to join the dance floor and rock the party. The songs were so fast and trending that we were enjoying every single moment and we had almost gone crazy as it was our final days in the college.

Half an hour later, one college colleague arrived at the party and joined our group. Since I was standing and dancing beside him, I was the target of his body odor. The odor was of iodex and it seemed that he applied the product all over his body as the smell was really strong. I couldn't bear the smell and it being so strong put me off the songs and music and I joined another group to feel better.


It was my misfortune that the boy joined the same group after few moments. Since there was a cooler just behind us, the iodex smell became stronger and my friends too couldn't bear the odor. We asked him the reason he applied so much of iodex and he said that since he was having body pain few hours back and hence he applied it on his neck and stomach. The smell made me almost feel dizzy as I hate iodex and inhaling it for a long time made me feel sick as well. My other friend just left the party as he too had a problem with the odor.


It was an embarrassing moment for him as the college students started avoiding to dance with him due to the strong odor and I too felt bad for him. However, I realized that body odor does matter when we are in a group or when there is a crowd as the odor does make the moment unpleasing and hence it can be a very embarrasing moment to be next to a person who has an unpleasant odor. Since that day we all had used the best perfumes and among that the iodex was standing out to be the worse, we started moving to another corner to not make it worse for that boy and we did enjoy the party.

I am sharing my odour story for the ‘My Nose Knows’ contest as a part of the #SniffSniff activity at BlogAdda.

No comments:

Post a Comment